Basically every child should consist a variety of foods.
Nutrients: Nutrients, we can classify into two Categories.
Macronutrients: Protein, Fast, Carbohydrates.
Micronutrients: Minerals and Vitamins. Such as Iron, Calcium, Vitamin C.
Drinks: Water is most important,
It helps digestion, controls temperature, helps transportation of
nutrients in the body. Helps kidney function and water eliminates
We should encourage children to drink water frequently. That habit should
continue forever in the long age.
When a person does not drink, dehydration will come, It leads to poor
concentration, increase in stress, headaches and constipation.
Milk is a healthy and is a nutritious choice.
Five Food Groups:
1. Dairy foods are excellent sources of calcium, which strengthens bones.
2. Fruits Provides Vitamins, Dietary Fibre, Minerals, Phytonutrients.
That helps body healthy.
3. Grain Foods: Cereals, rice, Pasta, Noodles wholegrain etc can be
high in added sugar, fat and sodium.
4. Eggs, Nuts, seeds, Meat, Poultry: Provides Proteins, Haemoglibin
and adrenalin. Protein builds, repairs and maintains the tissues in
the body. Muscles and organs are made of protein.
5. Vegetables, beans and legumes: Provides Phytonutrients, dietary
Fibre to help your body to stay healthy.
Wishing you all the best,