Ceramic glazed tiles are the special type of ceramic tiles to
which a glaze has been applied. Ceramic glazed tiles production
allows manufacturers to produce an unlimited assortment of colors,
hues, and designs.
The glazing also protects the tile from staining from dirt, grime,
and water. Zirconium based yellow, blue, green and pink stains are
used directly for producing colored ceramic glazed tiles.
They are generally used in bathrooms and kitchen in modern housing
and in Analytical Laboratories and toilets attached to Railway stations.
Registration & License: Obtain following registrations and license.
1. Incorporate your company with ROC, Obtain Trade License.
2. Apply for MSME UdyogAadhaar Registration.
3. Apply for VAT registration, Apply for BIS certification.
4. For large setup, you must obtain factory License.
5. Glaze tile has a share in the present Environmental Degradation.
6. You can protect your brand name by registering Trademark
7. Obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ from State Pollution Control
Board according to the norms.
Ceramic Glazed Tiles Production Machines & Unit Setup:
Procure the following machinery
1. Ball Mill 04 T Cap.02 nos Connected with 20 H.P.motor and accessories each.
2. Agitator 02 T one with 10H.P.motor and accessories.
3. Hydraulic filter press 120 plates with 05 H.P.pump and
filter clothes 1 set extra 2 nos.
4. Bucket Elevators and Silos.
5. Pan Mill 1 Connected with 7.5 H.P. motor complete.
6. 80 T Hydraulic press connected with 15 H.P.motor and suitable dies.
7. Glazing line conveyor connected with 2 H.P.Motor two nos. and
online blower 05 H.P. 4 nos.
8. Ball Mill for glazing of 500 kg capacity connected
with 05 H.P.motor. Necessary laboratory equipment.
9. Glaze vat with vertical Pump the arrangement with agitators
connected with 0.5 H.P.motor.
10. Drier and Shuttle kiln with 18 cars attachment with transfer
car arrangement. Buller Ring Apparatus.
11. Pot Mill connected with 04 pot attachment and 01 H.P.motor.
Have a completely customized project report or business plan in hand.
Machinery installation floor plan should be crafted with the help of a
civil engineer. Energy Conservation.
Energy conservation should be done carefully.
Some of the effective methods are:
1. Complete combustion with minimum excess air, Proper heat distribution.
2. Operating the kiln at desired temperature.
3. Reducing heat losses from the openings, Minimizing wall losses.
4. Control of Chimney draught and kiln pressure
5. Waste heat recovery from fuel gasses and utilization for Drying Tiles
6. Use of lubricants and proper maintenance
Required utilities are 205 hp electricity and sufficient water
supply approximately 10 KL. Required raw materials are local clay,
wollastonite, talc, and glaze.
Ceramic Glazed Tiles Production Process:
Raw materials like local clay, Ball clay, China clay, Chips, and
pitchers are mixed and ground thoroughly to form a uniform slip.
The slip is screened, magnetized and kept in an agitating tank
with the addition of required de flocculants. The material is
then passed through.
The material is then passed through a filter press to get rid of
soluble salts to make a plastic body. The plastic body is dried
in a dryer to get the dried mass of 5-6 % moisture.
The dried mass is subsequently fed into a pan mill. The output of
the pan mill is stored in vertical silos. The mixture is now ready
for pressing tiles.
The pressed green tiles are stacked on the kiln car in a stack
of 3 ft.height and dried by using hot waste air from the kiln.
The green tiles are dried for 20 hrs.
The dried tiles are pushed along with the kiln car and allowed
for firing for 20 hrs. The outputs are known as Biscuits. The hot
tiles at above 250C are allowed to cool in nature normally.
Cool the tiles when coming at normal room temperature 30-40C.
Screen through online sorting followed by Hammer test and
brushing, water spraying and Glazing.
Then the Glazed wares are loaded into refractory cassettes on
an endless moving conveyor. Load the cassettes onto Kiln car.
Allow for firing at a temperature of 1040C for a cycle of 18 hrs.
The cooled tiles are unloaded from the cassettes and allowed for
online inspection. The tiles are checked into 1st as Prime,2nd
as commercial grade and 3rd as Reject Variety. After sorting the
tiles are packed and stripped and stamped and sent to the stockyard.
After sorting the tiles are packed and stripped and stamped and sent
to the stockyard. A single pack of tile weighs 16 kg and ready for sale.
Quality Standard For Ceramic Glazed Tiles Production:
Quality checking is a must at the times of grinding, mixing and
pressing. Finally, finished products must be selected at random and
tested to ascertain its asset values with the help of Modulus of
Rupture test (MOR) , Bulk density, Crazing test, Scratch Hardness
test on a regular basis. Sincere effort and dedication are required
to be successful in this business.